Friday, September 21, 2007

they call me a junkie

they call me a junkie, a CNN junkie that is. One reason is because current events are very important to me, and two because i watch the news ALL the time. To me being connected and knowing whats happening in the world is not only valuable but also very informative. The first thing i do when i get up in the morning or go to bed at night is to turn on the news channel of my choice, whether it be MSNBC, CNN, or another media outlet, and then i begin to surf the web to locate additional news for the day. Mostly that is how i stay connected with current events, I'm not much of a newspaper fan, i suppose its the time we live in. I normally spend at least 3 to 4 hours a day either online reading the news or watching the news on TV. I suppose from being so involved with the media its easier to spot stereotypes or the coverage certain stories get over others. We hear about race, sex, and all sorts of other topics everyday. Right now on the topic of race " Jena 6 " has been making headlines and now with the recent arrest with OJ Simpson we hear about race and the fact that possible discrimination still exists in this country. When it comes to the topic of sex in the media, its everywhere, and its excessive. News today has somewhat changed as time has progressed, we pay more attention to Paris Hilton in jail than we do to in some ways the things going on at the White House.

No comments: